This week’s reading update is a bit of a short one, but the great news from it is that last night I hit over the 10,000 word mark in my WIP!
Since the beginning of the month was crazy busy with my new job and all the other responsibilities in adulting, I decided to cut my NaNoWriMo word count down to 25,000, and so far, I am right on track!
As long as I sprint out another 4,000 words between tonight and tomorrow, there’s a big possibility that I will be finishing my novel by the end of February with 90,000 words!
So sadly, my reading was hit pretty hard this week, but this morning, I was able to finish the one book I started!
Here is my reading progress for this past week:
Sunday (18th November)
Gathering Darkness (Falling Kingdoms #3) by Morgan Rhodes
“In GATHERING DARKNESS, book three of the New York Times bestselling Falling Kingdoms series, the stakes have never been higher as three teams push forward on a race to find the Kindred, the four elemental crystals possessing ancient all-powerful magic, first:
Prince Magnus has just witnessed torture, death, and miracles during the bloody confrontation that decimated the rebel forces. Now he must choose between family and justice as his father, the cruel King Gaius, sets out to conquer all of Mytica. All Gaius needs now are the Kindred – the four elemental crystals that give godlike powers to their owner. But the King of Blood is not the only one hunting for this ancient, storied magic…
• THE KRAESHIANS join the hunt. Ashur and Amara, the royal siblings from the wealthy kingdom across the Silver Sea, charm and manipulate their way to the Kindred, proving to be more ruthless than perhaps even the King of Blood himself.
• THE REBELS forge ahead. Princess Cleo and vengeful Jonas lead them, slaying with sweetness, skill, and a secret that can control Lucia’s overpowering magic – all so they can use the Kindred to win back their fallen kingdoms.
• THE WATCHERS follow Melenia out of the Sanctuary. They ally in the flesh with King Gaius, who vows to use Lucia’s powers to unveil the Kindred.
The only certainty in the dark times is that whoever finds the magic first will control the fate of Mytica… but fate can be fickle when magic is involved.“
Published: 9 December 2014
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
How far are you in this read-a-thon??
I am currently beginning Frozen Tides.
This week’s reading goal is to catch up in Crystal Storm and start Immortal Reign by next Sunday! I have the final two books in the series on hold at the library, so I’m stoked to pick them up!
Favorite Book of the Week: Gathering Darkness
# of Pages Read: 416
Total # of Books Read: 1
Some posts you may have missed this week:
- Cogheart (The Cogheart Adventures #1) by Peter Bunzl (YA Steampunk / Fantasy)
- The Enchanted Sonata by Heather Dixon Wallwork (YA Fantasy / Retelling)
- TBR Wednesdays: Outrun the Wind by Elizabeth Tammi (YA Fantasy)
- November 2018 Owlcrate Unboxing!!
For this next week, I will be focusing on writing, but I hope to read through a few books in between my writing sprints.
What will you be working on this week?? Did you read anything interesting?
Want to know what I thought of each book?? Subscribe below to be notified when the reviews have been released!
Until next time..