Love reading romance? How about read-a-thons? What if I told you there’s a week dedicated to both??
This challenge created by Under the Covers & Peace Love Books combines the classic Monopoly board game with tons of bookish challenges all surrounding Romance! If you head on over to their site, you can sign up to join the year-long festivities including creating a fun TBR, participating in Instagram challenges, and expanding you love for romance.
And what’s even better is that starting tomorrow, you can join in on their first read-a-thon from 8 April – 14 April 2019!
This week-long event is to help jump-start some of the challenges on their Romanceopoly board while marking off some great romance books from your TBR list.
Want to join? It’s not too late!
Here are the RULES laid out from their site:
“So, here’s how it works: You have 7 days and 7 prompts. You need to find a book that fulfills a prompt and a challenge on the Romanceopoly board. Once you’ve read the book you can then mark that challenge as complete. Post on social media with the book you are reading using #romanceopolyathon.
To get into more of the specifics:
- You don’t have to complete all the prompts, participate as much or as little as you like!
- You can find a book that covers multiple prompts. Props if you can find one book that fulfills all 7 prompts!
- Although you can pick a book that covers multiple prompts, no book can be used twice on the Romanceopoly board. You can’t use the same book to complete multiple Romanceopoly board challenges.
- Don’t forget to post on social media with the #romanceopolyathon so we can see what you’re reading.”
What are the PROMPTS?:
So what am I going to be reading?
Red on the Cover
- Book: He Will Be My Ruin by K.A. Tucker
- Challenge it Fulfills: Cozy Corner
Abs on the Cover
- Book: Phoenix (Flames & Ashes #1) by Carolyn Anathony
- Challenge it Fulfills: Bad Boy Circus
- Book: Smoke and Key by Kelsey Sutton
- Challenge it Fulfills: Growing Pains
One Word Title
- Book: Forgiven (Nash Brothers #2) by Carrie Aarons
- Challenge it Fulfills: Sweet Street
New to You Author
- Book: Crash Into You (Loving on the Edge #1) by Roni Loren
- Challenge it Fulfills: Erotic Eaves
- Book: Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren
- Challenge it Fulfills: Women’s Ave
Book You Already Own
- Book: A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy #1) by Deborah Harkness
- Challenge it Fulfills: Leather Lane
There is so much to explore on their website, so if you haven’t checked them out already, I highly recommend that you do! You can print out different versions of their boards for your planners, create idea cards for each board piece, and even scroll through their recommendation lists.
You can find my real-time updates through my Instagram stories @treestandbookreviews!
If you’re participating, let me know your TBR pile below!
Stay tuned for my wrap up on April 15th! You can subscribe below for instant links to each of my posts and help share the love of YA!
Until next time..