It’s that time of the year!
The Bout of Books Read-a-thon is about to take off in a matter of hours! If you love reading or just need an excuse to cozy up with a good book, this week-long reading frenzy will help you devour your TBR pile.
So for those of you who may be new to the Bout of Books Read-a-thon, here is the official blurb:
“The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, Twitter chats, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 26 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team”
What books do I plan on reading?
- Bursts of Fire (Addicted to Heaven #1) by Susan Forest
- Losing Kyler (The Kennedy Boys #2) by Siobhan Davis
- The Last Stand (Empire of the Dragon Gods Prequel) by Paris Hansch
- Auctioned to the Greek Billionaire by Carmen Falcone
- The Truth About Cowboys (Texas Heart #1) by Lisa Renee Jones
- Sea Witch (Sea Witch #1) by Sarah Henning
- City of Ghosts (Cassidy Blake #1) by Victoria Schwab
- The Dragon’s Glare (The Survival Trilogy #2) by T.J. Wolf
- Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass #6) by Sarah J. Maas
- The Reluctant Boyfriend (Bad Boyfriend #4) by Erika Kelly
- Wonderland Academy: Year One by Melanie Karsak
- Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass #7) by Sarah J. Maas
- The Aussie Next Door by Stephanie London
- Game On (Texas Playmakers #2) by Joanne Rock
- Beyond the World (The Survival Trilogy #3) by T.J. Wolf
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter #2) by J.K. Rowling
For this week, I hope to beat my record and finish 16 books!!! Crazy, right?
But I think this is do-able for me since that leads to about 2-3 books a day. Now that sounds more manageable. For the last round back in May, I was able to read a total of 10.5 books.
The above TBR should be what I get through. Depending on how I feel, I may substitute a book or two, but for the most part, I plan on sticking to the list.
Time to beat the record!
Who can join?
Everyone! No matter what your reading preferences are, your favorite genre, or how many pages you plan on completing, this read-a-thon is a NO stress, NO pressure week. Whether you plan to read magazines, graphic novels, chapter books, or articles, feel free to join in on the fun!
So, when does this EPIC week begin?
This begins Monday August 19th at 12:00am in your time zone and runs all the way through Sunday August 25th at 11:59pm.
Beginning this Tuesday after the start of the read-a-thon, I will be updating y’all on my daily progress throughout the entire week. This does mean there will not be a Recent Reads post this Sunday, but instead, a Wrap Up will be posted following the conclusion of the week!
What’s your reading goal?? Whether you are joining in on the fun or not, you can feel free to leave your personal reading status in the comments at any time.
My previous Read-a-thon results
Stay tuned for all of the daily updates coming your way next week! You can subscribe below for instant links to each of my posts and help share the love of reading YA books!
Until next time…